The Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering
Dean of the Faculty
- СМК РД 7.3.45-2015 «Положение о факультете ФГБОУ ВПО «Петербургский государственный университет путей сообщения Императора Александра I»
- (812) 315-13-32, (812) 457-81-09
- Saint Petersburg, 9 Moskovsky pr., Emperor Alexander I St.Petersburg State Transport University, Office 2-219, 2-220
The main scientific and technical activity of the Faculty lies in the field of different researches, engineering of bridge and tunnel, as well as engineering and construction of buildings and facilities.
Future specialists in construction get education in the University since 1809. The special faculty was organized in 1943. At that time it was known as the Faculty of Bridges and Tunnels.
Following research laboratories and centers are the part of the Faculty:
- Laboratory of the Bases and Foundations Department
- Laboratory of the Structural Constructions Department
- Laboratory of Building Physics (the Buildings Department)
- Scientific-Research Laboratory
- Inter-Departmental Testing Center «PROCHNOST» («ПРОЧНОСТЬ»)
- Inter-Departmental Testing Center «PROCHNOST-CERT» («ПРОЧНОСТЬ-СЕРТ»)
- Certification Body of Works and Services in the Construction «PGUPS- Stroysertifikatsiya» («ПГУПС - стройсертификация»)
During the education period students do architecture, engineering, construction, maintenance, safety, carrying capacity, reconstruction, strengthening, repair and testing of buildings and structures. They get acquainted with wood, metal, ferroconcrete and stone construction as well as constructions made of plastics and other modern materials. Students get information about prefabricated structures, organization, planning and management in bridge and tunnel construction and civil engineering. In addition to the disciplines taught in special departments students do natural science, liberal arts and socio-economic disciplines.
During the summer, all students have academic practice and practical trainings in the design, construction and operating organizations in Russia and abroad. The Faculty forms student construction brigades regularly.
Scientific-research works are constantly performed at the Faculty; interested students are involved in the laboratory activities, take part in researches and work on applied topics.
After the graduation, all alumni get jobs in various design, operating, construction and scientific-research institutions of St. Petersburg. Students, who have undergone training, actively work abroad.