Ukhta Technical School of Railway Transport - branch of PGUPS
- СМК РД 7.3.215-2018 Положение об Ухтинском техникуме железнодорожного транспорта – филиале федерального государственного бюджетного образовательного учреждения высшего образования «Петербургский государственный университет путей сообщения Императора Александра I»
- (8216) 75-16-53
- 169300, Northwestern Federal District, Komi Republic, Ukhta, st. Mira, 11
The Ukhta Technical School of Railway Transport (a branch of PGUPS) was established in 1944. The students were majoring in Track Facilities.
Due to the urgent need for railway workers, classes in October 1944 began with a minimum of teachers. Only in December 1945 did the educational institution receive its own building. The first graduation of 12 railway technicians took place on July 1, 1947. In 1949, the Technical School moved to a new building, and the students moved to two new student hostels.
In 1949, a department of railway operation was opened, and in 1950 — a department of locomotive facilities. In 1957, a department of part-time education was opened, which offered 14 specialties.
In 1998, new majors were introduced — Jurisprudence (until 2013) and Technological Communication.
As of 01.01.2019, 337 full-time students and 256 part-time students are studying at the Technical School foe the following majors:
- 08.02.10 Construction of Railways, Track and Track facilities;
- 11.02.06 Technical Operation of Transport Radio-Electronic Equipment (by mode of transport);
- 23.02.01 Organization of Transportation and Transport Management (by mode);
- 27.02.03 Automation and Telemechanics in Transport (railway transport).
The Technical School employs a team of 30 teachers, headed by the director T.M. Korotaeva, the School’s graduate.
Life of our students is full of entertainment, sporting events, and is generally well-established. Hobbies of our students are diverse, they participate in various concerts and competitions.