The Faculty of Railway Operation and Logistics
Dean of the Faculty
- СМК РД 7.3.45-2015 «Положение о факультете ФГБОУ ВПО «Петербургский государственный университет путей сообщения Императора Александра I»
- (812) 310-65-75
- Saint Petersburg, 9 Moskovsky pr., Emperor Alexander I St.Petersburg State Transport University, Office 7-326
- Work time:
- Пн-чт: 8:30-17:30
Перерыв с 13:00 до 13:48
- Science degree
- Candidate of Technical Sciences
- Deputy Dean for Research - The Faculty of Railway Operation and Logistics
The Faculty was founded on December 14, 1929; it was called the Operational Faculty until 1983. In 1983, the Faculty received a new name – Management of Transportation Processes.
The main tasks of the Faculty are as follows:
- Training, retraining and advanced training of specialists for transport, operator, forwarding and logistics companies in the field of traffic management, transportation services marketing, logistics and information security.
- Training of Scientific Professionals.
During the education process at the Faculty students:
- Study the theory and gain practical skills in the field of traffic control (including the international traffic) and protection of data streams.
- Study the technology, organization and economic foundations of the transport organizations.
- Apperceive the methods of transport infrastructure facilities engineering, technology of commercial and freight operations, civil and transport law.
- Study the management, marketing and exchange affairs, as well as customs legislation, computer technology in the administrative and commercial areas of transport, logistics and terminal-storage facilities, transport service.
In April 2010, with the participation of the Faculty members the Center for International Logistics of JSC «Russian Railways» and JSC «Deutsche Bahn» was opened. In September 2010, students started their studies in the special International Logistics class at this Center. In 2010, a joint department (in cooperation with St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics of Russian Academy of Sciences) was established.
Faculty graduates work on executive and engineering positions the structural units and subsidiaries of the largest transportation company in Russia – JSC «Russian Railways» (ОАО «РЖД»), as well as other transport and logistics companies, business corporations, design and scientific-research institutes.
Since its establishment the Faculty has trained more than 10,000 engineers, including more than 350 people from 27 foreign countries including Germany, China, North Korea, Cuba, Mongolia, Poland and Syria.