The Faculty of Automation and Intelligent Technologies
Dean of the Faculty
- СМК РД 7.3.45-2015 «Положение о факультете ФГБОУ ВПО «Петербургский государственный университет путей сообщения Императора Александра I»
- (812) 457-82-85, (812) 457-66-78
- Saint Petersburg, 9 Moskovsky pr., Emperor Alexander I St.Petersburg State Transport University, Office 7-420
- Work time:
- 9.00 - 19.00
The faculty was created in 1930, at that time it was known as the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. The major contribution to the establishment and development of the Faculty was made by such eminent scientists as Professors N.V. Lupal, M.I. Vlodavsky, N.O. Roginsky, A.S. Pereborov, D.S. Pashentsev, V.I. Kovalenkov, V.N Listov, V.L. Tyurin, P.N. Ramlau, A.A. Eyler, V.M. Volkov and others.
Scientific schools, established by these scientists and the high level of educational process are carefully preserved and developed by professors of nine departments. Over a period of education, students get access to the oldest Scientific and Technical Library and a sport complex of the University; they participate in scientific researches and do additional trainings (in accordance with requirements of sending organizations or personal interests).
There is a comfortable student dormitory with rooms for 2-4 people. The faculty graduates are in high demand among employers, they work at the rail transport, as well as in other sectors of economy.
Scientists of the Faculty work successfully on the following scientific problems:
- Development of methods for analysis and synthesis of railway automation and telemechanics based on microelectronics and computers; development of methods and instruments for computer-aided engineering of automation devices; standardization and certification of systems.
- Engineering, construction and exploitation of fiber-optic communication lines, development and implementation of data transmission systems, combining of general and operational-technological networks based on digital switching stations; IP-telephony; ISDN communication network.
- Calculation and modelling of radio communication digital channels; working out principles of radio equipment in railway transport certification; use of satellite navigation systems for train traffic control.
- Theory of physical methods of non-destructive testing; basics of non-destructive testing and diagnostics automation; theoretical foundations of technical objects security.
- Methods and instruments for stochastic calculations; data protection in the telecommunications and computer systems; intelligence systems; computational linguistics.
- Factographic information retrieval systems in rail transport.
- Mathematical modeling in economics and transport management; calculus mathematics; probability theory and its applications; theoretical and nuclear physics; history of natural science and technics.
International students from Germany, Poland, Venezuela, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, Morocco, Sudan, Argentina and other countries study at the Faculty of Automation and Intelligent Technologies. The Faculty works with the Institute of Informatics of the University of Potsdam (Germany), transport institutes of Warsaw (Poland) and Zilina (Slovakia).
Treaties on cooperation are concluded with well-known companies: ADTRANZ, Siemens, IBM, ACER, etc. Students of the Faculty have practice at Siemens, lectures are delivered there and educational materials are exchanged. Each year, Faculty members organize international conference INFOTRANS.