The Student Council was created upon students’ initiative in order for them to take part in the University’s policy affecting the rights of students.
The Student Council’s tasks are:
- Involving students in educational and scientific activity issues;
- Developing students’ professional competencies, career guidance;
- Developing socio-cultural environment that promotes creative self-expression and preservation of moral, cultural, scientific values and traditions;
- Informing students about the activities of the University and the Student Council.
The structure of the Student Council includes:
- Primary labour union organization of PGUPS students;
- Councils of students living in student hostels;
- Culture and Recreation center ;
- Volunteer center;
- Student Scientific Society;
- Faculty Student Councils;
- Press Center.
The Student Council has already made significant steps in developing PGUPS student community. It has become a tradition for the Student Council to hold intellectual games at the faculties, which encourage students to expand their horizons and unite. The Council also interacts with the Youth Council of the Central district of Saint Petersburg. Their joint work is highly appreciated by the University’s administration.